Rummy / About Rummy Card Games
About Rummy- A Complete Guide for The Beginners!
What is Rummy?
The game of Rummy evolved from a game called Cinquain and it is believed that it originated in Mexico or Spain. Rummy is amongst the oldest and most popular card games that have keep the players intrigued for decades now. The earlier versions of the game were all about hand drawing and dealing, but now there are several advanced versions in which the players can stock cards and even discard the ones to register a win. Rummy can be played with a minimum of 2 players, and the number of maximum players can go up to 6 or even more depending on the number of card decks one has.
- Players play rummy with an intent to meld their cards into combinations of either sets or runs.
- There are multiple legit combinations that can be made by the players in the game such as same suit or same rank.
The player who comes up with the whole hand legit combinations in one way or the other and has only one card left to discard is declared the winner.
Few Interesting Facts About the Rummy Cards Game That You Should Know
- There is a record that a player managed to register a win by 500 points in the past and till today a better record has not been registered in writing.
- It is believed that the name Rummy comes from Rum Poker in which the game was played for rum and the loser has to buy drinks for the winners.
- It is also stated at several places that the card decks were extremely pricey in the past and the players who could not afford buying these used to hand paint these and enjoy their own version of Rummy.
- As per the studies conducted, it has been seen that playing rummy improves cognitive skills and also improves the hand and eye coordination as the game is all about visual judgment.
- Rummy is a game of skill, no matter which version is played the players need to have the basic skills of playing a card game as here the finesse with which the game is played bring is victory.
Lauded as an incredible stress buster, Rummy is a game that makes players unwind and have a quick spell of relaxation and this is one big reason why it still continues to be an exceptionally well-liked one.
How to Play Rummy Cards Game Online?
You need to follow the rules without a fail if you wish to enjoy an exciting rummy session with like minded players.
- Every player is dealt a particular number of cards from the card deck.
- A dealer and scorer are designated at the beginning of the game. The job of dealer is to deal out hands and put all those un-dealt cards face down as stock besides the discard card pile.
- The first player has two options, either to pick the card from the discard pile or from the stock pile. If a combination is possible, it is created, else the card can be discarded face up on the discard pile and then its next players turn to do the same.
- Now the next player in turn can either pick up that last card that was discarded by the other player or pick a fresh card from the stock to create a combination.
- The game continues and when the stock runs off a shuffle from the discarded lot is set up.
Few important rules that set a base for the game that the players playing Online Rummy Cards need to keep in mind are:
- The player cannot pick a card from the discard slot and then place in back on the pile.
- If a player gets two cards in hand by mistake, the card on the bottom should be put back and the next player can see the returned card.
- The card picked from the slot cannot be placed back immediately. Be gracious, place the card in your hand for some time and then extract it.
Different Rummy Variants
Rummy is amongst the most versatile games that have been ruling the popularity charts across the globe for years now. On the global podium, we see players playing 3 major types of rummy:
- 13 Card Rummy
- 21 Card Rummy
- Gin & Contract Rummy
However, with the advent of online rummy cards game, there are lots of other variants too that the players love to try their hands on.
- Indian Rummy
- Deals Rummy
- Points Rummy
- Pool Rummy
- 500 Rummy
- Speed Rummy
- & Many more..
With more than 20 different variants of rummy, this is one such game that manages to keep the players amused.
Why players love playing Rummy Card Games Online?
In the past few years there has been a sudden surge in the popularity of online rummy portals and apps and this is why we at A23 have made sure that the players get to play in the mode that interests them the most. We take utmost care in ensuring a safe game play and for this all possible measures are taken whether in saving player information or in the cash transactions.
- Playing rummy cards game online is convenient and entertaining.
- The players have access to the game 24*7.
- The players get to play with the players of their level and this brings out that competitive spirit which fires up the play session making it even more exciting.
- The intuitive design of the online rummy card games apps keeps the players intrigued and attached to the game and the user-friendly features help them play at their own comfort level.
- The players can easily withdraw cash after registering a win or participate in events or tournaments announced daily and this is what keeps that aim for big win open with enough possibilities.
Playing Rummy Cards Game Online stands completely legit and we have crafted out the rules in such a way that the players can easily participate in the rummy game they love playing.
A23 Rummy is amongst the most popular, safest and user-friendly online portal where you can play for fun and competition both enjoying seamless rummy to the core.
"Indulge in the game & master the skill", is the foundation of 13 card games. Rummy Rummy , one of the world's popular draw & discard card game, is based on the matching cards of the same rank or sequence and same unit. Rummy aka 13 card game is also a mind-game that tests your skill factor.
The History of Indian Rummy
Outlining the popular history of Indian entertainments, the rummy card game was one of the most notable games played across the country. It is also the third most popular card game and is widely played among every age group. Some play for fun and consider it to be a part of their lifestyle while some play as a time pass activity.
Creating valid sets of 13 cards is the major principle of Indian Rummy Indian Rummy . From 13 cards that is dealt to each player initially, draw and discard of the cards continues by turns till one player melds his/her cards with valid sets that match with the Rummy rules.
Online Rummy Online Rummy
The idea of shifting traditional card games to digital was to unite common man to a secure platform where they can access the games from any location and play comfortably. The digital world connects skilled rummy players to a platform where rummy can be played 24*7 online without any glitch. You just need a smartphone and an internet connection, and you are good to start playing rummy games anytime anywhere.
A23 (a23.com) emerged as the first venture to introduce rummy to the online platform in the Indian gaming industry. Since then it continued to serve digital gaming experience to more than 22 Million+ rummy players & molding them towards the perfection in the game of rummy.
Rummy has been declared as a game of skill under Indian laws and is exempted from the applicability of laws prohibiting betting and gambling. Though the element of chance cannot be entirely neglected but the element of skill must be a predominant factor.
A certain amount of skill is required to play rummy as the fall of the cards need to be memorized and it requires your real-time skills to build the correct rummy sequences by holding, drawing, arranging and discarding the cards. Rummy unveils that Skill is a predominant factor over chance and thus playing rummy online is absolutely legal in India.
FAQs on Rummy Card Games
What are cash tournaments in online rummy?
Cash tournaments are indeed the most interesting and lucrative element attached to the game of online rummy. In these tournaments the players play for real cash and with their skills can easily register a win for a huge fortune. To play for real cash, the players require completing the registration norms of the site.
Can residents of Meghalaya, Sikkim, Assam, Nagaland, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh play for real money online?
As per the state laws, the residents of above-mentioned states are not permitted to play for real money. The players from these areas can go in for free games and have a wonderful rummy play session.
Is it safe to upload my KYC on the site?
Yes, absolutely, the online rummy sites have strict security features in place; the players can easily upload their information without any doubt in the head.
Do you have a customer support team to assist me play/register or withdraw cash?
We have a complete team out there to help players register on the site, play the game without facing any issues. Whether it is a technical issue or anything related to your account you can get in touch with the team 24*7 or just drop us an email at email@example.com.
Which version of online rummy is the most popular one?
In India, 13 card rummy and Indian rummy are the most popular options that are loved by both beginner and pro players.
Are there are cheat codes to win a rummy tournament online?
Well, frankly speaking, you need to hone your skills and get hold of that hand and eye coordination to win a game or a tournament. Yes, there are few simple strategic moves that can improve your odds:
- Try and create a pure sequence as soon as the game begins.
- Look at the cards and try to get rid of all those high value ones if they seem to be a misfit for the combination.
- Always use your joker wisely.
- Try and watch the opponent's game closely, this can make you aware of the strategy in mind.
- Practice, practice and practice as this is what rules the game of rummy as here luck does not work that much.
Is it legal to play rummy for cash?
Yes, it is completely legal if you do you not belong to the restricted states of Meghalaya, Sikkim, Assam, Nagaland, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh.
Can I continue to play free games without adding any real cash?
Yes, definitely, there are no restrictions in place for the players who want to play for free; you can continue playing without adding real cash into your account.
We have tried to address all basic questions that will help you understand the game of rummy and how it is played online at A23. In case, you have any query, please feel free to get in touch without support desk and we will try and assist you there.
We hope you enjoy playing rummy online at A23 and register big wins that help you get hands over gigantic sum! Safe Playing!!